Filipe emphasizes that the patterns his art explores are not new but part of an ancient tradition of Polynesian design. He sometimes feels that his works are cut loose from their moorings when they are exhibited in an art gallery. Thus he often seeks exhibition contexts that make it easier to trace the genealogy of the patterns back to their Polynesian roots.
By surrounding his innovative art with old artifacts from our ethnographic collection from Polynesia we have attempted to provide just such an exhibition context.
- Interview with Filipe Tohi
- Video of The Triggerfish
- Photos from the exhibition
- Images of The Triggerfish from different angles
- Photo from the construction
- Photo from the exhibition opening
- Uncategorized images
- Project group